Skip to main content

Feels like Spring

Hello fellow crafters!
I can't believe March is almost over and April's on its way... I think I won't be making woolly items for some time, as right now I'm busy testing a pattern for a friend and I'm working on it with thread, and by the time I'll be finished (should I manage to get through it) it'll be quite warm, soo... well, not a big deal, as I already have some lovely cotton/linen/&such stashed just waiting for some nice projects, but before that I want to show you my latest wool items. 
Today I'll write a bit about this Dragon tail scarf, or Drachenschwanz - doesn't that sound great? I've discovered it thanks to MariaGrazia Berno's FB group "Uncinetto tunisino, questo sconosciuto) and made it following an amazingly simple tutorial by the very talented Veronika Hug (Nata, you should find this interesting). I strongly recommend those of you interested in Tunisian crochet (and not only) to check out her YT channel: I don't speak German, but her videos are so good you can just turn the audio off and follow the images to understand how to make the stitches. I'm in awe of such talent, I must confess. Anyway, this was my first attempt at this project and I found it quite simple; the stitch is easy and once you get in the flow it just comes natural to make it row after row. So here you have a stitch that's almost as easy as the Tunisian simple stitch, but with a lacey look that makes the scarf look a bit special.
Only thing I'm not completely satisfied with is the width of my scarf: I decided to use some stash yarn I had ("Giada" by Mafil), but 220 g/880 m worked with a 10 mm hook proved to be not really enough to make myself a big, cosy Dragon tail. I tend to think of it as a Lizard tail. ;) Anyway that's just my problem, had I a bit more yarn the final item of course would have turned out bigger, so next time I buy yarn without a project in mind I'll make sure to get more, given my taste in scarves and such! 
And no, I'm not a yarn addict (Meredith, I told you I understand you).





Another time I'll write about the other wool project I've finished, but that requires a post all of its own...

Comments

  1. Lovely colors with a beautiful pattern !!!!
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like narrow shawls so the shape is perfect to me. I know Veronika Hug and I have two of her books ("Haekeltuecher" (Crocheted shawls) and "Drachenschals effektvoll gehäkelt" (Dragon shawls crocheted effectively)) but I didn't know that she also makes TC video tutorials. I've bookmarked this now, thanks for the link, dear! Have a wonderful week, Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's beautiful! I'm in awe of your tunisian crochet :) Enjoy your thread crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meravigliosa questa sciarpa con il punto tunisino,stupendo il filato..sei sicura che non l'ha persa una fata dei boschi?Bacioni

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful. Just as the name suggested, the scarf looks like a gorgeous dragon tail:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not even a little bit of a yarn addict? Really, I know I am not alone here! Your shawl is gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh what a fabulous shawl - amazing colours and beautiful stitches - even more inspired to get the tunisian hook out soon!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! / Finito!

Hello ladies! How was your weekend? Hope it all goes well! I'm here to show my finally finished baby cardigan, remember ? I've already told you about the wool I used in my latest post, so I won't bore you any longer - just a quick note: if you happen to find it and you've got some knitting baby project in mind definitely try it out! It's thin but grows quickly, it's incredibly soft and it took me less than 100 g on 3.5 mm needles to finish this cardigan, which should fit a 6 months old. Ciao a tutte! Com'è andato il fine settimana? Spero tutto bene! Sono qui per mostrarvi il golfino di cui vi avevo parlato, vi ricordate ? Vi ho già parlato nello scorso post della lana che ho usato, quindi non vi annoierò oltre - solo un appunto veloce: se vi capita di trovarla e avete in mente di sferruzzare qualcosa per un bimbo provatela! E' sottile ma cresce in fretta, è incredibilmente morbida, e mi sono bastati meno di 100 g (su ferri da 3.5 mm) per que

Bye, Blogger

I'll write on my  WordPress blog only, from now on, so if you want to follow me you'll find me there. I won't delete this blog, as I'm attached to it and it reminds me of the road I travelled so far, but at least for now I won't update it anymore.

And here's the Dragon! / Ecco il Drago!

Remember the Dragon Tail scarf/shawl I began some time ago? Well, last week I managed to finish it, and I'm oh so proud of it. Not only it's my first Tunisian crochet project, but it also turned out great, big and cosy and oh so soft (this thanks to the lovely yarn Géraldine sent me, Phil Bambou Laine by Phildar). It is 2 m long from tip to tip and 45 cm wide by the last scale, and the last row counts 110 stitches, which are quite a lot... : ) As I already wrote I strongly recommend this if you want to try Tunisian crochet, it's easy, good fun and you get a nice original item to wear. You might find this tutorial by Julia Marquardt helpful, but if you want to get one that's exactly like mine you have to change the pattern a little bit: I followed the instructions by a great designer, MariaGrazia Berno , who modified it a bit in order to obtain a scarf/shawl that curls up more. Her pattern says to increase of two stitches at the end of every row, just before the se