Skip to main content

October already! / Già Ottobre!

Hello everyone! Can't believe how time's flied since my last post! I've had so much things going on at the same time and the blog's been left behind... well, I'm here now though, with a few Autumny items to show you... : )
So, no more futile words, and let's see some pictures!

Ciao a tutte! E' pazzesco vedere quanto tempo è passato dal mio ultimo post... sono sempre impegnata, e alla fine il blog resta da aggiornare... in ogni caso ora sono qui, con un po' di lavoretti autunnali da mostrarvi, quindi bando alle ciance, e passiamo alle foto! : )

First, let me show you some doilies I made in colours that make me think of Fall...
Pattern for the first one can be found here. White is nice, but doesn't it look gorgeous in variegated thread?? I can't help but love it!

Per cominciare, ecco un po' di centrini che con i loro colori mi fanno pensare all'Autunno...
Lo schema per il primo lo trovate qui. In bianco è carino, ma non è bellissimo questo filo variegato?? Lo adoro!



Next is a classic I believe, a golden fallen leaf, whose pattern you can see here. Easy and funny to make, strongly recommended!

Poi un classico, una foglia d'oro (qui lo schema). Facile e divertente da realizzare, ve la consiglio!


Last but not least, one of my first doilies (or even the very first) from last Fall... it's a simple granny circle, but I love the shades, and I still like it a lot to this day!

Ultimo ma non meno importante, uno dei miei primissimi centirni (forse il primo in assoluto), dello scorso anno... è un semplice granny circle, ma amo le sue sfumature, mi piace tantissimo!



What's next?
Oh yeah! Tunisian crochet! I'm currently working on a men's cardigan (!!) my dad asked me to make him, with a large hook (15.75 mm/size Q) and of course some pretty bulky wool... it's been fun so far, trying to figure out a pattern with my mum, and now I'm up to the sleeves, just them and the neck to go, so hopefully I'll be able to show it to you soon! In the meantime, it seems our kitties already enjoy it...

E poi?
Oh, certo! L'uncinetto tunisino! Al momento sto lavorando a un cardigan da uomo (!!) che mi è stato richiesto da mio papà, con un uncinetto grosso (15.75 mm) e della bella lana spessa... fin qui mi sono divertita a costruire lo schema con mia mamma, e ora sono arrivata alle maniche, mancano solo loro e il collo, quindi spero di potervelo mostrare presto finito! Nel frattempo, ai nostri gatti piace già così...

Please, let me introduce you to our lady, Pati, and our boy, Finnegan:

Vi presento Pati e Finnegan:



Can you spot the cardigan? : ) 

Riuscite a intravedere il cardigan? : )

Comments

  1. Lovely colors for lovely creations !!!!
    Have a nice day !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such cute cats!! I'm in awe of your tunisian crochet - from what I can see the cardy looks super cosy ;) THanks for sharing the doily patterns, I love the colours you've used and am always in need of inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciaooo ma quanti bei lavori uncinettosi...davvero piacciono molto anche a me i filati variegati...e non riesco a trovarli...devi darmi due dritte!!Ma che originale la foglia!!Mi incuriosisce l'uncinetto tunisino...e il giaccone che si intravede...ma a quanto pare il micio apprezza e sarà molto caldo!!un grosso bacione e complimenti!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doilies are really lovely - especially the leaf. I'm very interested to see your Tunisian crochet. My dad wants a new cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was some really pretty doilies. Hope to see your finished cardigan soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ti stai cimentando in una bella impresa,lo credo che non hai tempo per il blog!E en passant volevo dirti che ottobre è già iniziato da un bel po'!!!;-))))Non vedo l'ora di vedere il cardigan finito:adoro i lavori con lana spessa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful doilies!! The leaf pattern is great - and I always love varigated thread - and grannies can't be beaten!!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how could I miss that!! So beautiful doilies ♥. I'm tempted to test that leaf, too, but maybe I'll have to buy the perfect yarn first :o). Do you remember how much you needed for 1 leaf? Would a 50 g skein cotton yarn with 125 m (for needle 2,5 - 3,0) be enough?
    Your kitties are so sweet ♥, I'm sure they bring you a lot of fun! And they are right, the cardigan looks very cozy and warm indeed :-).
    Hugs, Nata

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! / Finito!

Hello ladies! How was your weekend? Hope it all goes well! I'm here to show my finally finished baby cardigan, remember ? I've already told you about the wool I used in my latest post, so I won't bore you any longer - just a quick note: if you happen to find it and you've got some knitting baby project in mind definitely try it out! It's thin but grows quickly, it's incredibly soft and it took me less than 100 g on 3.5 mm needles to finish this cardigan, which should fit a 6 months old. Ciao a tutte! Com'è andato il fine settimana? Spero tutto bene! Sono qui per mostrarvi il golfino di cui vi avevo parlato, vi ricordate ? Vi ho già parlato nello scorso post della lana che ho usato, quindi non vi annoierò oltre - solo un appunto veloce: se vi capita di trovarla e avete in mente di sferruzzare qualcosa per un bimbo provatela! E' sottile ma cresce in fretta, è incredibilmente morbida, e mi sono bastati meno di 100 g (su ferri da 3.5 mm) per que

Bye, Blogger

I'll write on my  WordPress blog only, from now on, so if you want to follow me you'll find me there. I won't delete this blog, as I'm attached to it and it reminds me of the road I travelled so far, but at least for now I won't update it anymore.

And here's the Dragon! / Ecco il Drago!

Remember the Dragon Tail scarf/shawl I began some time ago? Well, last week I managed to finish it, and I'm oh so proud of it. Not only it's my first Tunisian crochet project, but it also turned out great, big and cosy and oh so soft (this thanks to the lovely yarn Géraldine sent me, Phil Bambou Laine by Phildar). It is 2 m long from tip to tip and 45 cm wide by the last scale, and the last row counts 110 stitches, which are quite a lot... : ) As I already wrote I strongly recommend this if you want to try Tunisian crochet, it's easy, good fun and you get a nice original item to wear. You might find this tutorial by Julia Marquardt helpful, but if you want to get one that's exactly like mine you have to change the pattern a little bit: I followed the instructions by a great designer, MariaGrazia Berno , who modified it a bit in order to obtain a scarf/shawl that curls up more. Her pattern says to increase of two stitches at the end of every row, just before the se