Skip to main content

Of Dragons and crochet / Draghi e uncinetto

Can you believe it's August already? I find it quite unbelievable, how time flies... but August means that I can finally start dreaming again about cold days and new wool items to make, a thought that always delights me! 
It might seem still too hot to try and learn something new, but hope for colder days makes me ambitious, so I finally decided to take courage and use the flexible Tunisian hooks I purchased this Spring for my very first Tunisian crochet project!
So, let me introduce you to my beginning of the "Dragon tail" scarf (check out its very well explained tutorial here)!
I started it just yesterday with a 10 mm hook to make sure it stays soft, as the yarn is a wonderfully soft one itself, a wool and bamboo mix given to me by the incredibly kind Géraldine B., and see how it's grown already! Can't wait to show it to you once it's finished, and I do believe it won't take too long to complete: it's such a quick and easy project, just what I needed to become more familiar with this technique - and I love it, let me tell you that, if you haven't tried Tunisian crochet before, give it a try, you'll be surprised! : )

Riuscite a crederci? E' già Agosto. E' incredibile come voli il tempo... ma il fatto che sia Agosto significa che posso finalmente tornare a sognare i giorni freddi e nuovi capi di lana da realizzare, pensiero che è sempre una fonte di gioia per me!
Potrebbe sembrare ancora troppo caldo per provare ad imparare qualcosa di nuovo, ma la speranza dei giorni più freschi mi rende ambiziosa, quindi ho finalmente trovato il coraggio per usare gli uncinetti tunisini con cavo che avevo acquistato in primavera per il mio primo progetto a uncinetto tunisino!
Dunque, ecco a voi l'inizio della mia sciarpa "Coda di Drago" (qui trovate il tutorial per realizzarla, spiegato davvero bene)!
L'ho iniziata solo ieri usando un uncinetto da 10 mm per essere sicura che rimanga soffice, perché il filato che ho scelto è di una morbidezza incredibile, un misto di lana e fibra di bambù che mi ha regalato la gentilissima Géraldine B., e guardate quanto è già cresciuta! Non vedo l'ora di mostrarvela quando sarà terminata, e credo non ci vorrà molto: è un progetto veloce e facile, proprio quello che mi ci voleva per familiarizzare con questa tecnica - e la adoro, lasciate che ve lo dica, se non avete mai provato l'uncinetto tunisino dategli una possibilità, vi sorprenderà! : )

 

Comments

  1. Non sai quanto anche io aspetti il freddo...brava che stai iniziando i progetti con la lana io nemmeno riesco a tenere un ago in mano!!Non vedo l'ora di vederla finita la tua sciarpa...ho un uncinetto tunisino e un giorno devo imparare a fare qualcosa!!un grosso bacione!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarf , Valentina !!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!
    I think I will give Tunisian crochet a try !!!!
    hugs
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ! I'm very happy you 're using the yarn I gave to you ! very very pretty this scarf ... I'm looking for to seeing it finished ... Have a lovely week ahead !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing, the color is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so pretty! i should try to learn Tunisian crochet too someday.. have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mi hai fatto venire voglia di provare! Con l'uncinetto tunisino finora ho fatto solo un poncho, quelli con i cavi sono davvero comodissimi.
    ciao
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarf looks great. I have only done a tiny bit of Tunisian crochet - must try some more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's cool! I know Tunesian crochet (I've made a bag for crochet hooks some time ago with this technique) and I know dragon tail shawls, but I've never seen a combination of both so far :-). Your dragon tail looks great, beautiful texture and a fantastic color! ♥ Can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for sharing, dear, and as well for your sweet comment! Sunny greetings, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful !!!!!!!!!! Perfect for Fall....
    Have a lovely weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your dragon tail looks fabulous! Hope its coming along well.
    Amazing colour and design....looking forward to seeing the finished Dragon tail!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finished! / Finito!

Hello ladies! How was your weekend? Hope it all goes well! I'm here to show my finally finished baby cardigan, remember ? I've already told you about the wool I used in my latest post, so I won't bore you any longer - just a quick note: if you happen to find it and you've got some knitting baby project in mind definitely try it out! It's thin but grows quickly, it's incredibly soft and it took me less than 100 g on 3.5 mm needles to finish this cardigan, which should fit a 6 months old. Ciao a tutte! Com'è andato il fine settimana? Spero tutto bene! Sono qui per mostrarvi il golfino di cui vi avevo parlato, vi ricordate ? Vi ho già parlato nello scorso post della lana che ho usato, quindi non vi annoierò oltre - solo un appunto veloce: se vi capita di trovarla e avete in mente di sferruzzare qualcosa per un bimbo provatela! E' sottile ma cresce in fretta, è incredibilmente morbida, e mi sono bastati meno di 100 g (su ferri da 3.5 mm) per que

Bye, Blogger

I'll write on my  WordPress blog only, from now on, so if you want to follow me you'll find me there. I won't delete this blog, as I'm attached to it and it reminds me of the road I travelled so far, but at least for now I won't update it anymore.

And here's the Dragon! / Ecco il Drago!

Remember the Dragon Tail scarf/shawl I began some time ago? Well, last week I managed to finish it, and I'm oh so proud of it. Not only it's my first Tunisian crochet project, but it also turned out great, big and cosy and oh so soft (this thanks to the lovely yarn Géraldine sent me, Phil Bambou Laine by Phildar). It is 2 m long from tip to tip and 45 cm wide by the last scale, and the last row counts 110 stitches, which are quite a lot... : ) As I already wrote I strongly recommend this if you want to try Tunisian crochet, it's easy, good fun and you get a nice original item to wear. You might find this tutorial by Julia Marquardt helpful, but if you want to get one that's exactly like mine you have to change the pattern a little bit: I followed the instructions by a great designer, MariaGrazia Berno , who modified it a bit in order to obtain a scarf/shawl that curls up more. Her pattern says to increase of two stitches at the end of every row, just before the se