Skip to main content

What have I been up to? / Cosa ho combinato nel frattempo?

It's been a while, once again.
What have I been up to during all this time away from my blogs? Well, I won't lie, I've been busy.

First of all, I've had the honor to join the editorial staff of Italian blog Maglia-Uncinetto.it! I'm still excited about it: I can't believe these talented ladies asked me to join them! Of course I'll write mainly about my greatest crafty passion, Tunisian crochet, as you might have guessed. I plan to translate at least some of my posts and share 'em on my blogs for my international readers, so keep in touch if you're curious. :)

Other news? Well, yes: I tried knitting once again, this time following a great teacher (which is one of my blog colleagues, too), Alice Twain. She's an amazing knitter, and she published a book specifically for knitting beginners, "Ai ferri corti". Thanks to her book, I finally managed to understand how the heck you knit! And not only that: she's had lots of patience, answering tons of silly questions, and guess what? Yesterday I finished my first knitted item - well, the first of this new phase of knitting, the first that's not a rectangle, lol. Said item is her "Polymorphous" hat, and it took me just 3 days to complete. I can't wait for the hat to dry and be ready to be photographed, so that I can show you how pretty it is!

Last but not least, I released a couple more Tunisian crochet patterns, both neckwarmers/cowls. First one, "Gobelin", is free and absolutely perfect for beginners. Second one, "Olidin Olidena", uses two different stitches to create ribs, which are all the more interesting if you use a self-striping yarn.

E' di nuovo passato parecchio tempo.
Che cosa ho combinato mentre me ne stavo lontana dai miei blog? Non mentirò: sono stata parecchio impegnata.

Prima di tutto, ho avuto l'onore di unirmi alla redazione del blog Maglia-Uncinetto.it! Ancora non ci credo: delle persone così talentuose hanno chiesto a me di unirmi a loro! Ovviamente scriverò soprattutto della mia grande passione, l'uncinetto tunisino, come avrete potuto immaginare. 

Altre novità? Sì: ho provato a riprendere in mano i ferri, stavolta seguendo una grande insegnante (che è anche una delle mie colleghe di blog), Alice Twain. Se non la conoscete, rimediate: è una knitter favolosa, e ha pubblicato un libro dedicato ai principianti, "Ai ferri corti". Grazie a questo libro, sono finalmente riuscita a capire come tenere in mano i ferri! E non solo: grazie alla sua pazienza nel rispondere ad un sacco di miei dubbi, ieri ho finito il mio primo capo a maglia - almeno, il primo di questa mia nuova avventura, il primo a non essere un rettangolo. :) Il capo in questione è il cappello "Polymorphous", sempre di Alice Twain, e mi ci sono voluti solo 3 giorni per finirlo. Non vedo l'ora che asciughi per poterlo fotografare e farvi vedere quanto è bello!

Ultimo ma non meno importante, ho pubblicato un altro paio di modelli ad uncinetto tunisino, entrambi scaldacolli. Il primo, "Gobelin", è gratuito ed è perfetto per i principianti. Per il secondo, "Olidin Olidena", ho utilizzato due punti diversi per creare delle coste, che diventano ancora più interessanti se abbinate ad un filato auto-rigante.



Comments

  1. Glad you are back with lovely creations !!!!!
    Have a nice and cosy day !!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valentina, so nice to read you again! The cowls are great, especially the second one. The pattern looks super with this multicolored yarn :-). Have a good week! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all of your wonderful accomplishments! So thrilled that you are writing for another blog, that is so exciting. And you know me, I love knitting so I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao devo andare a vedere il blog di creative...bellisime le tue creazioni olidin olidena...chissà perchè mi ricorda Zena!!!Un bacione e buona settimana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bye, Blogger

I'll write on my  WordPress blog only, from now on, so if you want to follow me you'll find me there. I won't delete this blog, as I'm attached to it and it reminds me of the road I travelled so far, but at least for now I won't update it anymore.

Finished! / Finito!

Hello ladies! How was your weekend? Hope it all goes well! I'm here to show my finally finished baby cardigan, remember ? I've already told you about the wool I used in my latest post, so I won't bore you any longer - just a quick note: if you happen to find it and you've got some knitting baby project in mind definitely try it out! It's thin but grows quickly, it's incredibly soft and it took me less than 100 g on 3.5 mm needles to finish this cardigan, which should fit a 6 months old. Ciao a tutte! Com'è andato il fine settimana? Spero tutto bene! Sono qui per mostrarvi il golfino di cui vi avevo parlato, vi ricordate ? Vi ho già parlato nello scorso post della lana che ho usato, quindi non vi annoierò oltre - solo un appunto veloce: se vi capita di trovarla e avete in mente di sferruzzare qualcosa per un bimbo provatela! E' sottile ma cresce in fretta, è incredibilmente morbida, e mi sono bastati meno di 100 g (su ferri da 3.5 mm) per que

And here's the Dragon! / Ecco il Drago!

Remember the Dragon Tail scarf/shawl I began some time ago? Well, last week I managed to finish it, and I'm oh so proud of it. Not only it's my first Tunisian crochet project, but it also turned out great, big and cosy and oh so soft (this thanks to the lovely yarn Géraldine sent me, Phil Bambou Laine by Phildar). It is 2 m long from tip to tip and 45 cm wide by the last scale, and the last row counts 110 stitches, which are quite a lot... : ) As I already wrote I strongly recommend this if you want to try Tunisian crochet, it's easy, good fun and you get a nice original item to wear. You might find this tutorial by Julia Marquardt helpful, but if you want to get one that's exactly like mine you have to change the pattern a little bit: I followed the instructions by a great designer, MariaGrazia Berno , who modified it a bit in order to obtain a scarf/shawl that curls up more. Her pattern says to increase of two stitches at the end of every row, just before the se